Abstract acrylic paintings Epoxy Paintings Mixed Media Paintings with metalwork and gems

Acrylic Paintings

Acrylic Paintings
click image for details

prints and originals

Blog Posts

I discovered acrylic paint for myself in 2007. Before this I used oil colors and watercolors, sometimes combined with gel pens and ink pens. I paint on paper, canvas and since 2009 on wood panel.

Since Winter 2010 I use metals and gems on paintings.
In summer 2010 I made my first epoxy painting.

-------------------------------------------------------------
In January 2011 I started making digital paintings.
-------------------------------------------------------------
In 2012 I started using painting knives
------------------------------------------------------------
In fall 2012 I started experimenting with various kinds of inks.
------------------------------------------------------------
In April 2013 I started making digital mandalas
------------------------------------------------------------
In summer 2013 I began making paintings from digitally rendered fractals
------------------------------------------------------------
In summer 2014 I started making mixed methods paintings:
acrylic paintings made from prints of digital paintings which were made from photos of ice cubes, inks, water , oil and soap.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Construction on a purely abstract
basis is a slow business, and at first seemingly blind and aimless. The artist must train not only his eye but also his soul, so that he can test colours for themselves and not only by external impressions."
Wassily Kandinsky, Ueber das Geistige in der Kunst-Concerning the Spiritual in art, 1912

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

new digital epoxy painting abstract landscape





abstract landscape
acrylic, pens, epoxy, Schlagmetall (thin brass), acrylic gems, Sterling silver
over print of digital painting
8x10m in

bigger view 

No comments:

Post a Comment